News on the IVA

"You should hear from your Case Administrator Darryl - either today or tomorrow. Before your proposal is drafted we need to collate all your paperwork and get final balances from your creditors. Then you have a telephone meeting with Melanie to finalise the proposal afterwhich it gets sent to you to approve. This can take 6-8 weeks."


So there it is, I am on the path that leads to the road to freedom from debt! There are a couple of forms to fill in and letters to send to creditors etc but I'll crack on with those tonight. The IVA company have two payment schedules in mind, one that fluctuates for the first year and includes a period of no payments when I'm on maternity leave or a lower payment that would continue for the full 60 months. I favour making identical payments for 60 months, and will see if the creditors are happy to go with that.

DH will be paying off his credit card and our joint overdraft with a consolidation loan, so he gets to keep a good credit rating and will put his credit card in the freezer to avoid spending on a whim. Incidentally I have previously frozen all of my store and credit cards to try and curb my spending...it didn't work, I'd just defrost them in the microwave! I clearly have a self control problem :(

Spent lunch browsing in House of Fraser, is it pathetic that I nearly cried because I couldn't buy any of the lovely things I wanted? Yes it is pathetic, my value isn't defined by the things I own. I am a good mother, a hard worker, a loyal friend and I'm not going to define myself or others by what we possess anymore.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm back and still in debt!

Budget living woes

Back from outer space