Back from the brink

I nearly slipped back into old habits last night, was in a grump with DH (he'd likened me to his mother...not a good move!) and so was sulking in front of my PC. I found myself browsing the New Look website and idly popped a few maternity items into my basket, to be fair to me I do need some maternity jeans urgently...but there I was looking at £80 worth of clothes on a website that takes paypal. I actually hit the checkout button and went to paypal to pay for the garments, I wish I could tell you that I pulled myself back from the brink and cancelled the transaction.

Nope, I cancelled the transaction because I don't have a debit card linked to paypal anymore and the New Look website wants instant payment via a card funded paypal transaction.
I actually sat there and tried to figure out how to put my debit card details up there without DH noticing that £80 was missing from our current account and that I was wearing a lovely new cardigan ( grey wool with lilac velvet bow detail, lush!)

I am trying so hard I really am, but last night I would have failed . Just as well I de-linked my paypal and debit card back in April! Moments like last night are the reason I shouldn't be allowed access to credit at all, ever.

Feeling weak and rubbish :(

I did win two ebay auctions last night and have an H+M maternity denim skirt (£6) and some new look maternity jeans (£5.98) on their way. Paid for with paypal balance, no "actual" money involved :)

I also did a bit more festive shopping yesterday, loving the Boots 3 for 2 offer! Again paid for with paypal balance so that's good and frugal of me.
Am clearly a long way from being "a recovered shopaholic", but happy to be a work in progress.

Comments

  1. Well done, that must have been really hard. This story is a real inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Sarah, well done. Your making progress.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the support ladies x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm back and still in debt!

Budget living woes

Back from outer space