Stop me NOW!

Ok, so good news on both the bank and IVA front.
My bank switching day is the 18th November, so I will withdraw my wages from RBS on 17th and pay them in cash into co-op in order for there to be enough money to cover my monthly bills. I can then get my employer to pay all future wages straight into the co op, ta daaaaaa job done!

IVA news, they have all my paperwork and I am now in the 3-4 week long proposal drafting period, then there is a 16 day window for my creditors to decide if they vote yes or no. If a majority of my creditors agree then the IVA is a go, if not then we can re draft and re approach them but the IVA company are confident I have a strong case and fingers crossed my IVA will be in place by Xmas...a bizarre festive gift but would take a weight off my mind.

In less good news, I have joined a lovely forum called Natural Mamas which is as you've probably guessed aimed at hippyish mums :)
I'm planning a more eco sustainable (and affordable!) baby this time around. We're borrowing reusable nappies from my sister in law and I am intending to "wear" DD2 as much as possible in a sling, wrap or Mei Tai. It will be loads easier than schlepping about with a pushchair on the school run and when I pick up both girls from the childminder after I go back to work.
So why is this bad news?

Well, slings, wraps and baby carriers are exactly the sort of product that pushes my shopping buttons. I have joined a forum, so I can research what is popular and well regarded, there is a second hand trade thread so I can buy a preloved carrier and feel virtuous. ARGH!! This is a slippery slope and I am worried that I'll buy stuff that I don't need before the baby is born.
I have bought a wrap already £25 second hand from the forum and I'm going to have to step away from my PC before I do anything silly.

Trying to be strong and wobbling

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm back and still in debt!

Budget living woes

Back from outer space